We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, purchase products on the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site or request any information.
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Site; or
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- Audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Site;
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, or potential shopping basket recoveries, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may at times use other companies to perform specific functions on our behalf such as the delivery of parcels. When we disclose information to these service providers, it is purely to help them perform their service. For example, we may pass on your address details to our courier to enable them to send you your products. We may also have to provide law enforcement officers with your details in the case of investigations, as we are required by law. For the aforementioned third parties, we will review their privacy policies before proceeding.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. They do not harm your computer – instead they are used to analyse the way you use the internet, and can personalise websites to suit your preferences. The cookies we use are Google Analytics (in which all user data is anonymous) and The Bureau for Visual Affairs (our affiliate system, which allows us to credit the Website that brought you to petershamnurseries.com). If you click on a link in an email from us or around our site, we may set a cookie on your browser. If you visit our Website as a result of clicking on a link, we are thus able to understand how you interact with the pages of our Website through the combination of the cookie and pixels set (on the pages of our Website). This enables us to understand what interested you in our emails and what did not, and what interests you about our Website and what does not. We can then try to send you more interesting information in the future. If you do not wish this to happen, you can change the cookie settings in your browser (however you will then be unable to use our Website for shopping purposes). Please note that this information is for our use only – we do not disclose or share this information with any third parties.
If you provide us with your email address via links on our Website or at the point of ordering, booking a table through us or Open Table or a workshop via Eventbrite, we will only add this to our marketing database to send you future news and offers about Petersham Nurseries, if you have given us your explicit permission by ‘opting in’. If you indicate at any point that you would prefer not to receive email marketing from us (by checking/unchecking the relevant box) we will not use your email address in this way and will only use it to communicate information regarding your order(s). We will always give you the option to receive no further marketing information from us if you later change your mind. You can update your preferences using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each email or, if you have registered for an online account, by logging in at petershamnurseries.com.
If at any point you do update your preferences regarding communications from us or third parties, we will update your account promptly. Get in touch with us via the Contact Us details on this website.
Petersham Nurseries does not send emails to people with whom it has had no previous contact. The following conditions can result in Petersham Nurseries sending you email:
- You created an account on the Petersham Nurseries Website and opted in to receive further information from Petersham Nurseries.
- You purchased one or more items from Petersham Nurseries either in store or online and opted in to receive further information from Petersham Nurseries.
- You subscribed to the Petersham Nurseries newsletter mailing list (either in person at Petersham Nurseries or via the Website)
- Someone that you know visited the Petersham Nurseries Website and you gave your permission for them to use the ’email this page to a friend’ function.
- You attended a workshop at Petersham Nurseries, booking directly or through Eventbrite and opted in to receive further information from Petersham Nurseries.
- You dined in one of our restaurants, booking through Open Table or directly through Petersham Nurseries and opted in to receive further information from Petersham Nurseries.
If you have received emails from Petersham Nurseries and feel that none of the above conditions have been met, you may send an email to register a complaint: email@example.com
We take reports of spam abuse seriously and we will work with you to find a solution to a problem. In rare cases, spammers find new ways to exploit vulnerabilities within websites to force them to send spam. If you suspect that this has happened, we would appreciate it if you would notify us using the email address above. We are constantly working to improve the security of the Petersham Nurseries Website in order to prevent our customers from getting spammed and to reduce the amount of spam on the internet at large.